It’s a few days into the New Year and I haven’t gotten around to the typical holiday posts–because I was busy finishing a costume for Kollision Con, which was the Saturday after New Year’s Day. I had my typical photoshoot with Eddie B Photos, but those will come at a later date. Here’s a sneak peek, though–and you can also see some of my con friends, Casey (Tauriel) and Moe (Padme)!
I don’t typically do New Year’s resolutions or goals or anything like that because I am really bad at following them. I’m a creature of habit and, unfortunately, most of my habits are bad. The last time I made a list of New Year’s goals was 2013, and I only achieved a few of them. And that is giving myself half points!
But things are a bit different this year. I’m going into my last semester of classes, and I am single for the first time since I was 19. So I thought I might as well try to meet some New Years goals. Some of these are geeky, some are blog- and cosplay-related, and some are life and school goals–but here’s what I’m hoping to do in 2015.
- Catch up on all the work I still have left to do from last semester (This is definitely a big one that needs to be finished soon!)
- Attend my first big out-of-state convention with friends.
- Defend my prospectus by September 2015.
- Compete in a masquerade/costume contest and either 1) win a prize or 2) be moved up from the novice category.
- Pass my last comprehensive exam in a few weeks!
- Work out at least three times a week—I’m horribly out of shape and ridiculously lazy about going to the gym.
- Stream on Twitch at least once a week.
- Get one of my t-shirt designs accepted to one of the daily shirt websites.
- Be featured on a cosplay review site.
- Learn how to cast latex and resin for costumes.
- Blog on a consistent schedule, preferably Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Start vlogging, and post on a biweekly schedule.
- Get more comfortable working with spandex and make a bodysuit from scratch.
- Sew more normal clothing, particularly dresses.
- Cook more for myself, and find more fun recipes for one person.
- Get Duncan to lose some weight!
What are your goals for 2015?